Learn, meet friends, and make a difference.
By joining BfE, you will be surrounded by a diverse bunch of people curious about startups and social impact.
Students based in Cambridge (UK), New York, Singapore, Rotterdam and Vancouver may apply and join existing BfE chapters.
If you wish to set up a new chapter or explore ways to contribute remotely, get in touch with us.
How you can be involved
BfE runs a pro bono Incubation Programme for early stage social enterprises in the developing world. Most of this is student-led.
Work with a startup every semester
- Finance Advisory
- Legal Advisory
- Technical Advisory
Help us expand our initiative
- Startup Recruitment
- Growth & Partnerships
What you get from BfE
Normally, we host a range of events and training on campus. Due to COVID-19, many are now virtual and organised globally.
Gain skills and useful experience
- Training and sharing sessions (e.g. impact measurement, consulting, venture capital, public policy)
- Help social entrepreneurs scale their business in the developing world
- On-the-job learning (e.g. software development or market research)
Meet great friends and mentors
- BfE is a global community dedicated to social change. You will fit right in if you share this passion
- Whether you are an undergrad or postgrad student, you can find like-minded peers at BfE
- Connect with mentors in our network
Michaelmas Term (Oct – Dec): Recruitment opens in October
Lent Term (Jan – Mar): Recruitment opens in January
Fall Semester: Applications open in April (of the previous semester)
Spring Semester: Applications open in November (of the previous semester)
Semester 1 (Aug-Nov): Recruitment opens in July
Semester 2 (Jan-Apr): Recruitment opens in December
From our chapters around the globe
Join us to make an impact
Students provide their unique vantage point, skillsets and passion to support social entrepreneurs. If your vision aligns with ours, we would love to have you onboard!