A multi-stage customised programme to
scale your business, completely free-of-charge.
BfE works with pre-seed and seed stage social impact startups from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
Apply now to join our next cohort.
Our multi-stage Incubation Programme is provided free-of-charge for passionate entrepreneurs seeking to solve some of the world’s most urgent challenges. If you fit this description, we welcome you to apply at the button below.
The BfE Incubation Programme would be a good fit for you if:
- You are a for-profit or non-profit social enterprise
- You are an early stage startup at the pre-seed or seed stage
- You have an existing product or service and have started earning revenue
- Your business is legally established in Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Middle East
- You demonstrate a clear path to financial returns and social impact
We accept social enterprises that can demonstrate:
- Innovative Solutions. You have developed a unique minimum viable product (MVP) that addresses a key development challenge.
- Proven Results. You have a revenue generating business model with at least 6 months in operation.
- Positive Impact. Your business generates positive environmental or social impact in the communities you serve.
- Committed Management. Your company’s leadership team has a demonstrated track record of commitment.
Each advisory engagement lasts for 3 to 4 months. Startups may expect to complete the programme within 6 to 8 months.
Icons by Sergey Ershov
We accept startup applications on a rolling basis year-round. However, please abide by these deadlines to be considered for specific cohorts. Startups who apply earlier are more likely to receive detailed consideration.
|Cohort||Application Deadline||Stage Start Date||Stage End Date|
|Autumn||May 1||August – October||November – December|
|Spring||November 1||January – February||April – May|